Reservation Policies and Procedures
Reservation Policies and Procedures
**All online bookings are subject to final approval by Monte D. Fitts, Realtors Bookings may be cancelled and deposits refunded within 48 hours should your reservation not be accepted. **
Deposit: A deposit of 35% of the total rental rate, not including tax, is required upon booking. (When booking through alternative avenues such as VRBO & AirBnB, reservations are subject to higher deposit rate). Full payment of the reservation balance is due 60 days prior to arrival and 90 days prior to arrival if any days fall within peak season (December 20- April 15 & June 15- August 15). No reservation is confirmed until the initial deposit has been received and acceptance of reservation policies and procedures is on file.
Damage Fee: Monte D. Fitts, Realtors has the right to charge the credit card on file to pay for any charges due to the misuse of the unit and its contents. If reservation is made though an outside vender charges due to misuse will be taken from the deposit required by their booking service.
Processing Fee: A processing fee of 3% of the entire booking total will be applied to your reservation. (Fees will vary when booking through an outside vendor and will not be subject to the 3% processing fee).
Hawaii State Taxes: Room rates are subject to applicable General Excise Tax, (GET), at 4.166% and a Transient Accommodations Tax, (TAT) at 9.25%
Accepted Forms of Payment: VISA, MasterCard & Discover. We accept personal checks drawn on U.S. Funds. (**PLEASE NOTE: if your form of payment is a personal check, we require a credit number to be kept on file for the duration of the reservation in the unlikely event of damage to the rented unit.)
** All online bookings are subject to final approval by Monte D. Fitts, Realtors. Bookings may be cancelled and deposits refunded within 48 hours should your reservation not be accepted. **
- If Cancellation notice is received all monies collected are nonrefundable
- For reservations made through 3rd parties such as on-line booking companies, travel agents, etc., additional cancellation policies may apply according to their policies.
Owner/Agent Cancellation Policy: In the unlikely event a situation arise whereby the accommodation specified on your confirmation becomes unavailable, Monte D. Fitts, Realtors reserves the right to substitute alternate accommodations of similar type up to and including the day of your arrival. Our guests are of the utmost important to us and we will do all that is reasonably possible to ensure that your accommodation is as close to the original booking type and style.
- All reservations are subject to cancellations or change for reasons including, but not limited to, strikes, acts of God, and failure of guests to vacate as scheduled, owner occupancy, and/or sale of properties. Deposits shall be held in the client Trust accounts. Any interest earned shall become the property of Monte D. Fitts, Realtors. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
Travel Insurance: Because we adhere to our cancellation policy and care about the investment you have made in your trip, it is encouraged that you obtain travel insurance. CSA Travel Protection can be ordered online at http://www.vacationprotection.com/ or by phone at 1-800-661-6860. CSA requires that insurance be purchased prior to final payment. CSA Travel Protection is independent of Monte D. Fitts, Realtors.
“The Whaler” Front Desk Fees and Other Charges: There are fees set by The Whaler’s on-site management company which are not under the control of Monte D. Fitts, Realtors/The Whaler Vacation Program. Guests are subject to and liable for such charges as they are not included in our rate. These include, but are not limited to “key service”, and/or “Resort Fee” which includes parking. These fees are paid by providing a credit card to The Whaler Front Desk upon arrival. *Please note all fees are subject to Sales Tax of 4.166% and could be changed at any time.
Known fees are:
- Resort Fee: $17.00 plus tax per night. (Increased to $20 plus tax per night for any portion of your stay that is after June 1, 2017)
- Phone Charges: long distant telephone calls are an additional charge please pay these charges at the “The Whaler” Front Desk and are subject to a GET tax of 4.166%
Amenities & Supplies:
- Washers & Dryers: not all units have washer & dryers in them, and we suggest that you check with us prior to booking if this is something you require. However, FREE washers and dryers are located on EVERY FLOOR of The Whaler towers, next to the elevators.
- Linens & Towels: all beds will be made with fresh linens upon your arrival. Bathrooms will have several sets of towels, with a couple of spare sets. Should you require more, extra services can be arranged at and additional cost. Please contact our office, at 808-667-9703, and we will be happy to assist you with the pricing.
- Necessities: As a standard, we provide a started supply of a few basic items in each rental condo. Each bathroom will have toilet paper, small (hotel size) shampoo, conditioner, and several small bars of soap. In the kitchens, we provide paper towel, trash/garbage bags, dish detergent, dishwasher detergent, tea towels, washing cloths, pots & pans/cookware, cooking utensils, flatware, dishes & drinkware
Unlike a hotel, a rental condominium is a ‘home-away-from-home’, therefore all groceries and items other than those we provide, (as above), are your responsibility for purchasing.
Maid Service: Cleaning charges are not included in the nightly rate. A one-time check-out cleaning fee will be applied to your reservation. Additional maid service or ‘linens only’ service may be arranged during your stay and our company will be happy to assist you with the pricing.
Check-In / Check-Out Times: Check-in time is 3PM at The Whaler Front Desk unless otherwise noted. Check-out time is 11AM. Late checkouts are subject to availability and the request must be made no sooner than 48 hours prior to departure. Requests for late checkouts are subject to a minimum charge of 1 night stay. If you have a late flight, we recommend you book the unit for an extra night if you wish to guarantee availability of the unit after 11am. Occupying the unit after 11AM without approval from our office will be subject to a fee up to the amount of 1 night stay.
- EXTENSION: The length of your stay may be extended subject to availability; however, a new Rental Agreement must be signed and additional rental charges, taxes, and cleaning fees collected prior to extension start date to confirm extension.
- REDUCTION: All reductions in your length of stay must be submitted in writing more than 90 days prior to arrival, and are subject to a minimum stay. Adjustments in nightly rental rate may apply by reducing the total number of nights rented. Reductions in your length of stay made 0-90 days prior to arrival will not result in a refund or reduction of rent and taxes
Service Animal Policy: As required by The Whaler on Ka’anapali Beach Association of Apartment Owners, (AOAO), a copy of the service animal certificate along with a copy of the handler’s identification must be submitted to them by our company, The Whaler Vacation Rental Program. Therefore, upon making the reservation, guests are required to submit these documents to our company before we can finalize the reservation(s). These documents may be sent to our company by either mail, fax, or email. Guests will be supplied the details for the sending at the time of making the reservation(s).
DISCLOSURE: The price of staying in paradise may include pests such as insects, rodents, strong sun and dangers in the ocean. We ask that you be aware of your surroundings and take appropriate precautions.
Monte D. Fitts, Realtors manages properties for individual owners. Each owner furnishes their property as they wish within quality standards. Reservations are considered short-term lease/rents with the individual property and owner.